A&K SR25 DMR SNIPER PJ25 [P&J]

b.samriey

28 okt 2015
Trophies
A&K SR25 (PJ25) DMR Sniper review and upgrade to max level
Well it doesn't require long time to review this replica.
First because the internal part was as i expected.
Second the upgrade project i was planning to has been done, so i hope my review and upgrading process with some tuning may help those who are seeking how to build high level DMR sniper.
To the Beginner or having secondary gun
This replica can live with you for one year or even more depend on how you will use it, but at the same time don't expect to much.
The gun it self work good right out of the box you can accurately snipe target about 50 meter or so (but ask yourself this question: is it worthy to pay €247,- to snip people from 50 meter away?) any other full auto replica can do the same or even better, so what is the benefit here?
You will get to know when you dive deeply reading this review.
Gearbox
A bunch of Chinese materials:
A&K Gears set worthy to nearest rubbish.
A&K bushing set also worthy to nearest rubbish.
Another plastic air nozzle also to the nearest rubbish (guess what? this gun shot 450fps and they installed plastic air nozzle) they kidding me!
Another crappy cylinder head followed his friends to nearest rubbish.
There is a very small spring between the selector plate, this guy fall by himself so he know where he should to go.
The piston head sent to the nearest rubbish without discussion terribly sucks.
The sock piston is 19 teeth already AOEed by TG.com it's looks really good (no problem with it).
The spring is Guarder SP130 looks very good.
The trigger system is fantastic (i didn't even expected) got my golden thumbs up!
The low resistance gearbox wiring also good quality.
The cylinder is chrome bore-up which is fantastic.
It has Hi-torque motor (but what Hi-torque motor is this??) i don't know it's just black device with no trade mark or any other details (but honestly) it's damn strong and run like crazy.
The barrel is brass 510mm length and i think it's 605mm (it's work ok).
Bucking something black plastic no idea what is it or what barn is! but it was deported to nearest rubbish as well.
Now the whole story about hop-up chamber..
Will you believe me if i tell you the hop-up chamber casted wrong!
Yes..
The hop-up chamber has manufacturing flaw which is slant to the left from the front and to the right from the back (which is not fit in the center) not to mention it has hall in the top where your bb's can stock up there!
Oh boy..
Take look to the pictures:
z6aIFlS.jpg

Well this was known to me from the beginning so i wasn't count on A&K SR25 (PJ25) internals. My goal was just getting SR25 DMR sniper body only and fully upgrade it.
The external
Here where your money sit correctly:
The A&K SR25 (PJ25) has really well done made and replicate this gun.
The military black finishing and whole the body awesomely engineered plus no wobble, simply I'm speechless the picture below is talking..
95m2vOE.jpg

Now this is very encouraging and worthy to build great DMR..
And here i should not to forget to thanks (1tonne) and some others from airsoftsniperforum whom spent not a little time helping me and assist me to make it happen.
My upgrade and tuning:
-11.1v lipo battery.
-StockLow resistance gearbox wiring.
-Stock trigger system.
-Modify 6mm steel bushing.
-SHS steel shims.
-SHS Aluminium red color SR25 / AR10 series air nozzle.
-SHS high speed steel gear set SR25.
-SHS piston 19 steel teeth (no AOE needed).
-Stock bearing mounted spring (is the best) no need to replace it.
-ICS aluminum cylinder head & piston head (oversize) this is a bore up set for the longer barrel types (510-530+mm barrels) note you need smoothly hammer the piston head to make it fit with the chrome bore-up cylinder.
(make the cylinder head and the cylinder swim in silicone oil and then smoothly hammer around the cylinder head to make it fit inside the cylinder, it will take while like 5~6 minute to make fit perfectly. The benefit from this cylinder head it's silent design reduces sound and pressure to the gearbox plus it's double O-rings to improve amazing air seal with bearings piston head for high performance.
-Stock chrome bore-up cylinder.
-SHS Motor high torque long AXIS D-hole DJ0005 nvt.
-Modify Hop-up chamber M4/M16 type.
-Maple Leaf Macarone Flathop Bucking 70°
-Prometheus 6.03mm EG Barrel 509mm.
During the shooting test i found the Teflon tape gives me more accurate than the brass inner barrel spacer.
2Kd085P.jpg

All what you need to upgrade you SR25 DMR Sniper.
67TiK7D.jpg

The results below achieved under the following weather condition.
Wind speed 30 km/h
Temperature 15°C
Thanks to my neighbor who allowed me to use his backyard garden to test my upgrade.
KODAK camera tripod stand used to stabilize each shot.
3.5-10x50 M3 scope military version ACM.
Result correction (after measuring the backyard area following show):
The 20 meter is 16, 1/2 meter
The 15 meter is 11, 1/2 meter
The 10 meter was correct.
Target acquisition and size 5cm diameter each:
Used BB's
10 meter 0.20g bb's
15 meter 0,20g bb's (on the photo before correction)
20 meter 0,20g bb's (on the photo before correction)
The results below achieved outdoor by stander bb quality.
4bzxuKq.jpg

Wow nice review, the stock hop up units looks really bad D:, also could you show some photos of the bad stock parts? Just interested in the quality of the stock P&J and A&K parts.

Nice review and update topic, love to see how the range is on this. Any plans to paint it?

Is it very rude to ask what the total costs are?

And a great review, makes me want to try (I wont tbh)

Jorst;23595 zei:
Is it very rude to ask what the total costs are?

And a great review, makes me want to try (I wont tbh)

400-450 euro's total is my estimate, which includes the replica, most expensive part here is the barrel, motor and probably the bore up kit.

@Rebelattack note the stock piston head already contracture (contractuur) after a few several shot, also the air nozzle already got some damage.
XocCyW3.jpg

wcuU3Re.jpg

the stock motor
qg7jAiG.jpg

@Lockheed it shot really far but till this Sunday 3 of July i will be at RSL and record some video for you ;)

@Jorst €450,- as Rebelattack estimated, if you're playing at RSL i will be glad to give you try :) at the same time if you're DMR fan then you can start saving money to it as i did and get one in the future, it's really worth.

BTW this was your primary weapon in first mission in SOCOM II on PlayStation 2.
What a wonderful days...
7jG8FQ6.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMNg3-24Kuw

Hmm yup that piston head and air seal nozzle look pretty bad, but the gears don't look that bad depends off course what materials is used and what process. Are they steel? Cylinderhead aint that bad for a stock one. At least it is a one cast head instead of my G&G stock one which is a 2 part, the biggest part is plastic and the nozzle is brass. With some teflon tape you probably can get a decent seal out the P&J stock cylinder head, but I understand why you would replace it. Could you take a picture from the top side of the motor alongside the shaft so we can see the magnets and the armature? If the magnets are a silverish colour then they could be neo magnets which is quite nice for a stock motor, if not then they are likely to be ferrous. Can't really find anything about the motor on the interwebz.

PS: where did you get all the stuff?

@Ties, that is actually quite plausible if you compare the pictures of the two. Which would mean it would work just as well as the shs HT in that build.
Samriey got a free good motor ;) .

Here is the range test at RSL Assendelft.
The results were good but aspire for more range, note that i did mistake by removing the (fishbone /hopup space) from the pressure arm top the (Hop-up) and using the (nubs) instead of.
The max horizontal range (shooter to target) was 70 meter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3vFkGCyqE

Lockheed;23716 zei:
Was that a voluntary test subject? :p Range looks good!
That poor guy was me :)
I did ask some people to volunteer and they put me in this funny test at the end, if you note there was some guys standing to the left of the screen, actually these guys are my best friends, so at 40 meter test they start to shoot at me in full auto saying (go more further b*tch) that's why everybody was laughing at me ;)
It was funny day indeed <3