Moving countries with airsoft gear (no replicas just gear and mods)

mrworldwide2003

20 jan 2024
So I am moving to the Netherlands and already own airsoft gear. I understand that I cannot own the replicas themselves without being a member of the NABV, but what about accessories like dummy suppressors, sights, handguards etc (no actual replicas themselves, no bodies of replicas, just external acessories), and clothing gear etc. This should be fine right as there is no actual replica firearms or anything that can shoot? The replicas that I already own I will sell before moving and just keep the accessories. I intend to move with this gear, and then when I receive my NABV membership I will buy new replicas.

I would say that you are right. And I think there will be no problem. But by my ow experience, I can tell you it might not be that easy. Most of the times every thing is just fine.
And I ordered a lot airsoft parts, like internals and externals, but once I bought an airsoft barrel in Asia a long time ago, and customs asked me to provide a copy of my nabv license. While it's not even a real steal look a like external, but just a metal bar, which cant be used as a threat.

The suppressor probaly would't be a problem, but a handguard might be.

If you are moving from a country within Europe and are traveling by car, bus or train. You are OK. If you are traveling by plane, it might get more exciting. Then you probaly can better send it to your self by mail.

The gear shouldn't be a problem.

It depense a bit, I am afraid. In all fairness, I think you should be right and the things you are stating should be correct for the Netherlands.

But that does not mean the rules are also the same in all the country's you are passing through on your way to the Netherlands. Or that you can take all the items with you in you luggage on a airplane.

I think that the gear, like clothing, boots en for example a plate carrier (gear), should never be a problem. The external acessoires however could be issue since these are more 'firearm related'.

Best to do some extra research on this topic. Might indeed be better to send the externals by mail as @Eviltwin-NL suggested, just to be sure.