Introduction

Zan

28 mei 2024
Hi there!

My name is Zan, I am 26 years old and originally from Slovenia, but I moved to the Netherlands 3 years ago. I am not a stranger to airsoft, but I have never participated at the level that some people here do.

I would love to start joining skirms, CQBs, and matches, and to train with a team. However, I know that could be difficult due to the language barrier. I do not want to force a team to speak only English because of me, but I would appreciate it if they could. I speak good English and understand basic Dutch, but that's about it.

My location is also not in my favor. I live in the Wieringerwerf area. For me, it is not a problem if I have to drive an hour and a half to train with a team, so I am quite open to that.

I want to ask if you have any pointers or recommendations on where to start looking for a team and participating .

I am more than happy to answer any questions ,

Regards
Zan

Hello Zan i can ask my team if it's okey for you to join use some time we all speak english so thats not gonna be any problem

Hi!

Thank you for the reply. It will still take me a bit as I have my call with NABV tomorrow to see how to go about the matter of getting the membership as I am a non Dutch citizen. I've heard different stories so I want to verify myself. On the other side until this membership is done, my gear won't be here. So I am hoping that I will fix this all together in about 2 weeks time. After that I am more than happy to join if you guys are ever in need for more players and if that is okay with the rest of the team. If you have any questions, please let me know!

i did CQB training with 2 guy that where from ukraine so it is possible. And joining us for some games will not be a problem we play every weekend of the month sometimes but atleast 3 times a month

Perfect. Is it okay if I private message you on here after my call with NABV tomorrow and then I can let you know what the plan is? And you can also let me know if my gear is okay-ish for an entry level.

Funnily enough after your message here, Instagram recommended me your profile as “people you may know” 😅

Welcome!

I see that @gambit has probably helped you quite a bit already, so I'll just keep it short:
- I found 2 older topics on this forum from last year with the same 'Looking for a English team' question. :) You can find them here and also here.
- You can always try an airsoft skirm by yourself near your area and mabye you will find a English team by doing so.

Best of luck!

Hi @Kroeskoppie!

Yeah he is more than helpful to be honest! I really appreciate that everyone is super welcoming for us "outsiders" 😅

I will definitely check those older posts that you attached and reach out to people if possible, but at the end of the day I am open to join anyone, language barrier will def be a thing, but hopefully slowly my Dutch improves. I think like you mentioned, go to an open skirm and meet new people.

Maybe someday we cross paths haha

Nice to meet you!

Welcome here Zan !

Good luck learning dutch :D

I can recomend the CQB training @Area077, is a lot of fun !
Dont know if it is nearby for you ?

Hi @Paashaas! Thank you!

The Area077 is about 2 hour drive from where I live. Not an issue for me to drive so I will for make sure to stop by soon to try it out. Thank you for the suggestion! Are you based around there or?